Friday, August 09, 2013

Every weekend is a long weekend!





So I'm bombarded with posts from various friends on Facebook talking about their national and international vacations they are taking this weekend since it's Eid and it's a long weekend away from work. Which is great, I'm very happy for them.

And here I am, at home, with a cranky and demanding 4.5 month old, unable to get out much out of the house, forget the city. Do I miss my bachelor/pre-mommy days? Of course I do wish even I were jet setting to some quaint island and spend a coupla days by the sea, drunk and happy.

But having a baby and more importantly being unemployed means I cant be travelling, eating out, partying drunk and a lot many more things. Of course there is joy in being a mommy to a cute cuddle infant but every now and then I wish I could get a break.

Alas you gotta make do with what you have. And since I chose to be a mom, and a stay-at-home one, I have to find ways to engage myself from home. So I'm learning languages from home, learning basics of html, catching up on books and movies that I always wanted to read/watch but did not have the time; and talk to or meet friends and family much more often.

So apart from not sitting at a beach, I can do everything else one does during a vacation, from home. And that makes every weekend for me, a long weekend to enjoy! :D

No comments: